I've always planned. I'm a worrier (posh word for anxiety riddled) by nature I've always been one of those people that have to write every aspect of her life down it soothes me and this started out as lists. On the back of envelopes, on post it notes, scrap paper, pretty list paper, To-do lists, Wish lists, Shopping list. Everything, everywhere. I felt good and organised writing these lists but in the end i always lost them, forgot them and ended up back at square one without a clue what I was doing. So I started buying planners. I'll do a separate post about all the planners I've bought over the years and their pro's and cons before I settled on a simple notebook and the bullet journal system.
I know it's super popular and if you type bullet journal into Instagram or Pinterest you will see some beautiful, clever things. I mean some serious heart eye emoji stuff. While I love pretty planners and I envy those who have them I tried that and it just didn't work for me. It wasn't practical so I keep my planner simple. I use a Leuchtturm1917 notebook (again popular choice and with good reason I like the numbered and contents pages, the paper quality is great too) and I keep my layouts simple no décor a monthly layout and a weekly layout, finances, daily to do lists, shopping lists, any notes, password, goals. I do all my planning in one place and plainly. I love it. However I'm a creative girl and I love pretty paper so I decided to separate my journal and use it as a creative outlet as well. I made a simple notebook, pretty cardstock, gridded paper. Here I write my thoughts, feelings, memories and I will do my best to make that look good.
So there you have it How I plan V's How I journal. I think i've finally found planner peace



Post a Comment